more questions

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

paladin435

Post by paladin435 » Mon May 12, 2003 6:20 pm

Okay, I've got 0.5 in, and yes I know that 0.6 is out, I just have to install it. My question is: what is the large ball of energy fired by the Heavy Cruiser? Some kind of mini siege cannon? Also, is it possible to give the ships team colors other than just drive trails?

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Mon May 12, 2003 6:58 pm

The main gun of the Raider Heavy Cruiser is an adaptation of the siege cannon as seen in Cataclysm, yes. It's a lot less powerful, with a WHOLE LOT less range. Image

At the moment, only a few ships have limited team color capability. The original raider ships didn't have the capability of base and stripe colors IIRC, only one of them, I forget which; and honestly I'm not sure off the top of my head if we've fixed all of the originals to have their team colors again after those layers got removed by the original conversion back to .psd's for Liflist... Eventually we'll be doing team colors for all the Raider ships, though, just don't know when... Image

paladin435

Post by paladin435 » Thu May 15, 2003 5:51 pm

Found the team colored ship, it's the Inetrceptor. The mini-siege cannon is great even if it has no range to speak of. Great mod overall.

RL~Assassin~

Post by RL~Assassin~ » Thu May 15, 2003 6:39 pm

actually compared to other ships in the game the seige cannon has considrable range just low accuracy at range, i find it especially effective on destroyers as they spin WILDLY outta control lol!!!

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat May 17, 2003 3:51 pm

Most smaller ships, and even bigger ships at range, have the chance to move enough so that they're missed... Image

Return to “Raiders Ascendant”