[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Raiders Ascendant Mod Version 0.7 Release

Raiders Ascendant Mod Version 0.7 Release

A mod that makes the Raiders a playable race along with lots of totally new ships to boot!

Moderator: Captain Pierce

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 pm

1.05 is the version needed to play mods, so you should be okay there.

If you're still seeing Taiidan ships, my guess is that the files aren't in the right place. The mod folders and files need to be in the Homeworld directory; for example, when you go to your Homeworld folder (the default is something like C:/Sierra/Homeworld), you should be seeing an "R2" folder from the mod alongside the original game files like "homeworld.big".
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:40 pm

Yeah, my guess is that you've got the files inside an extra folder i.e. homeworld\raider\R2... instead of homeworld\R2...

That's usually the culprit when that happens...
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Korithus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Greetings,

I have all the folders in the correct places. I noticed that the ReadMe says that the folders MultiPlayer and nis should not be included. I tried with/without and still no change. The folders and file I have in my homeworld directory are:

etg
MultiPlayer
nis
p1
p3
r1
r2
AutoLock.txt
binkw32.dll
Computer 1_DIED_STATS.txt
Computer 2_DIED_STATS.txt
Computer 3_DIED_STATS.txt
devstats.dat
English.script
EULA.txt
Homeworld(the little internet hyperlink)
Homeworld.big
homeworld.cfg
homeworld.exe
outpostsymbol.Ico
RAModV0_7ReadMe.txt
textures.ll
teamcolors.script

If there are any files missing or if need be remove some, plese say so. This mod looks and sounds awesome, and since my favorite race are the Turanic Raiders, I am very anxious to play it.

Go Raiders!

Korithus
Korithus

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Well, that all looks right. Let me ask you this--when you go to play, are you loading a saved game, or starting a new skirmish? RA is technically only multi-player, and Homeworld has a way of not recognizing any changes made to it if you load a game saved before said changes were made. Just wanting to be sure... :)

Postby Korithus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:47 am

Greetings,

I am starting a new game every time. It always appears to be the Taiidan.

Korithus
Korithus

OH MY GOD! if i believed in one...

Postby Brightside » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm

This has got to be one of, if not, my favorite mod! i congratulate you and hope to see more work done. Personally, this is the only good mod that hasnt died completely. I would smile but thats not my style, but for this i give you all three thumbs way up, now continue work before i shoot you...:sniper:
Brightside

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

I'd have to say that the mod is about as done as it's going to get. Really, the only thing we were going to add was team colors, and there's just something about that process that we could just never figure out. It was such a minor thing, it just wasn't worth messing with as we were ramping up to HW2...

...and then HW2 was such a disappointment, and the modding was annoying, and we just never got back to it...

Oh Well...

Postby Brightside » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Personally, i think theres not much else to change, but you could add a raider scout to the team select menu rather than Taidan. But i agree there minor things, and HW2 modding can be much more detailed, if incredibly difficult and annoying. I haven't had the time to get/play many games and still have to purchase HW2, but from what i've heard its amazing.

I have stuck with Homeworld on a self-promise to beat it before buying HW2, alas its been three years, and i'm gonna cave in. (Homeworld campaign is supposed to be better than HW2 campaign from what i've heard) :) any way good luck with your now discontinued modding...
Brightside

freaked out

Postby Lotty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Lotty

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:24 pm

TheOneNamedViper

PreviousNext

Return to Raiders Ascendant