First Add-A-Line Thread

Written some fiction? Wanna participate in a boardwar? Wanna read some fiction! Heres your place!

Moderator: InocPrime

Postby deathblane » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:56 pm

Darkness. Who am I? Where am I? My thoughts imply knowledge/memories but all I see inside myself is darkness....
deathblane

Postby G-nome » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:30 pm

"This VR is turning paranoid!" Fumbling I reach behind my ear. As I pull the datajack out of its socket, I suffer the horrible headache associated with a hard Exit from the matrix. "These damn beta versions..." I mutter under my breath, wiping my brow. I tell the chief standing above me behind the mirroring glass of the observing theatre: "This must be what happened to Jameson, poor comatose bastard."

[size="1"][ 17. July 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: G-nome ][/size]
G-nome

Postby theblessedsheridan » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:44 pm

"good job we pulled you out in time" the cheif said to me in his authoritive tone. "What do you think? a bug? sabtoague from our rivals?"

"I'm not sure sir" I replyed. I actual fact I had a quite good idea exactly what was inhabiting the VR world we had contructed. I also knew it was my fault, and that no-one would ever belive me.
theblessedsheridan

Postby G-nome » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:51 am

In order to make the deadline, I had decided to splice an edited copy of my persona into the game-AI, granting it the unpredictability of realtime users. To make it more competitive we had to induce paranoia and have it believe it was alive....

[size="1"][ 25. July 2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: G-nome ][/size]
G-nome

Postby InocPrime » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:40 am

(want to see if we can get this moving again)

and I regretted it now. There was supposedly to be clear purpose to it, while now the AI was seemingly toying with him...
InocPrime

Previous

Return to Fiction