Written some fiction? Wanna participate in a boardwar? Wanna read some fiction! Heres your place!

Moderator: InocPrime

Post by Calavan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:06 am

Darth Felth (Darth1of9 here on the boards) told me a few days ago that he didn't know a single person who liked it when the good guys won. He also followed up with reasons such as 'Its overdone,' or 'not very original' or that he's just tired of seeing the good guys win.

Now, I'd like to know what y'all think.

Personally, I tend to favor the good guys winning. I don't think it should be easy for em, I don't think that the good guys should be able to go in and win through coincidences or 'hero shields' either (*cough*Star Wars*cough*). I think that the good guys should have to suffer. They should be forced to sacrifice, to take losses, and in a real world not all of them are going to survive, but in the end I only feel fufilled after reading a story if the good guys do pull through.

Cracker Jack

Post by Cracker Jack » Wed May 05, 2004 2:52 am

I agree with you Cal, Having the good guys win maybe overdone, but hey, atleast its usually easier to leave open for a sequel than when the badguys win.

Yeah, the heroes shouldnt have it easy, or be unstoppable through luck/divine intervention/magick/prophecy/whatever. I wont assign a number to the losses the heroes recive, but certainly not everyone should make it thorough unscathed.

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed May 05, 2004 6:24 am

i didnt say i didnt know a person who didnt like the god guys wining, i said it was way overdone, and dont get me started on ROTJ

Post by AkiraRulez » Wed May 05, 2004 8:37 pm

Well... i dont mind if the hero wins at the end... but only if he has been winning throughout the movie [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hate it when the hero gets beaten to a pulp... and then magicly revives and destroys the bad guy in 1 blow....

1 good movie with the hero winning all the way through... (even when he is poisioned)...

Post by InocPrime » Wed May 05, 2004 8:39 pm

I think a win for the bad guy is something more inherint in short stories, because you don't come to really feel to attached to the good guy.

Return to “Fiction”