New site ID

Showcase your high poly, low poly, finished, wip and renders right here for all to see!

Moderator: theblessedsheridan

New site Idea a 3d moddeling site with galleries, tutorial and demos

Pah! sucks why am i here any way
29%
29%
29%
14%

Total votes: 7

Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:11 pm

i was wondering if as part of the new tgu a site based on 3 moddeling for games might be a good id for a micro site of the overall TGU post your ideas and answer the poll
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ImageSlifania ImageVorgoth

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Cant vote as it aint loading the question when i click vote. Edit after i posted this i tryed it and it worked. So i voted. ;)

But yeah in general i think a small section could be made on tgu website like a render of the week and perhaps a top 10 3d models/artwork permanent list.

[ 10. July 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Skeeter ]

Crook

Post by Crook » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:43 pm

While a good idea in principle I don't think that there are enough regular modelers to give it content, and certainly not enough modelers of quality to provide tutorials. As we've seen a 3D art forum struggles to have posts and artwork, and you can't pull in modelers from elsewhere due to the large number of more dedicated sites for this sort of thing.

Maybe the gaming union should stay within those boundaries. Modeling as it relates to mod work should be part of the site because that's gaming, if we have the members.

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:41 pm

I agree with Crook. You don't have enough regular contributors of 3d art to make it feasible.

Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:11 pm

it was just an idea i thought i would run past the modellers around here i am just trying to throw a few ideas in to the pan this is probably one that could take off but perhaps not at this time.

Return to “3D Showcase Forum”