Remaking my Stargate in UnrealEd v2.0

Showcase your high poly, low poly, finished, wip and renders right here for all to see!

Moderator: theblessedsheridan

maxdamage

Remaking my Stargate in UnrealEd v2.0

Post by maxdamage » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Well as the topic suggest I am busy making a more accurate version of the Stargate from the movie and tv series in the UnrealEditor v2.0 for my maps in UT,Ut2003 and UT2004.

Here is a screenshot of my original verison:
I have the main part of the gate done but abit thinner and smaller but will be more true to the actual gate than it is atm....I however do have some problem which I will get help with from the experts at UnrealPlayground.com forums....
Here is a pic of the main ring in bsp view mode as it is difficult to see all the modifications done to the ring:
Here is the bottom part of the chevron that is done so far but has some errors in which which I hope to get rid of:

:Max:

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Not too bad. What are you doing for textures?

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm

TheOneNamedViper wrote:Not too bad. What are you doing for textures?
I am just using the stock textures that come from UT1999 which are the same textures that I used for my original one.I might use better ones but they will do for the moment.

Replacing the stargate in the maps for UT2003 and UT2004 will be much easier to to the fact that I converted the stargate brush to a static meshe....

My UT99,UT2003 and UT2004 maps

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:54 am

Something about it just doesn't look right...

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Small update.I redid part of the chevron assembly
Unfortunately I seem to be getting the dreaded missing faces problem.... :( Once I am finished the chevron assembly I then have to start adding it to the main ring section like it is in the movie and tv series to complete it.Then for UT1999 I have to add a sheet that "emulates" the event horizon of the wormhole....

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 pm

ImageImage
Done.Now I have to add it to my maps.....:rolleyes:

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:58 am

I thought the chevrons were more evenly spaced on the gates. Apart from that though, the model looks nice. I'm not sure I like the grey color. The gate is supposed to look substantially darker.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 pm

TheOneNamedViper wrote:I thought the chevrons were more evenly spaced on the gates. Apart from that though, the model looks nice. I'm not sure I like the grey color. The gate is supposed to look substantially darker.
Actually the Chevrons are bigger than they are suppose to be but it is difficult enought to make it so I am just going to leave it as is.About the main texture I'll look around for a better one but I doubt I'll find anything that works.
Anyway I have problems ading them to one of my UT1999 GOTY maps.The pic just above.Thos missing faces should not be there.It should be solid.I am thinkig of replacing the gate in the map with them being movers so they stay solid completely. :(

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Maps being fixed\updated:
[UT1999 GOTY]:
AS-Stargatesv2 (Improved the start room for the defending team,had to add the one stargate as a mover so it didn't create an invisible solid area preventing the defending team from teleporting to the gate room and replacing the funng looking rings with ones that look much better abd maybe new sounds as well)
DOM-Stargatemaniav2 (Need to replace the new stargate with it being added as a mover but do not know what will happen if I shoot at it plus new sounds maybe?)
CTF-TempleofRingsv2 (need to replace most of the old rings with new stargate style rings and set the animation\movers correctly correctly)

[UT2003]
DOM-StargateManiav2 (Added the new stargate as a static mesh replacing the original one,added water volumes to the inside of the gate to replicate the feel of going in liquid when you enter\exit the gate,added the static mehes that are in the UT2004 version to make it more detailed and replaced texture on the platforms for a better one!)
CTF-TempleofRingsv2 (need to replace most of the old rings with new stargate style rings and set the animation\movers correctly)

[UT2004]
DOM-Stargatemaniav2 (replace old stargate static meshe with new one,add water volumes in the center of each gate to be more realistic,add new sounds maybe?)
CTF-StargateSG1-2K4v2 (Replace old stargate with new one,expand part of the map and add the new stargate rings from my map for UT1999 CTF-Templeof Rings)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm

New version of my stargate.Now the back of the stargate looks authentic! :D
This is the ring that comes from either above or below the ground around you and "beams" you to the destination rings.....This is the wireframe viewmode of the ring I made in UnreadEd v2.0.The brown brushes are the one I used to subtract areas of the ring to add detail to it.The blue brushes are the added ones to the map or in this case the builder room.
This is the zones\portal view mode of the rins to see them easier!

Scene with rings from the movie.I have the extended version of the Stargate movie.I'm planning to make the 40 glyphs and the inner ring in Unrealed v2.0 once I have finished the teleporter ring.

Return to “3D Showcase Forum”