Few custom fighters

Showcase your high poly, low poly, finished, wip and renders right here for all to see!

Moderator: theblessedsheridan

DarkestVorlon

Post by DarkestVorlon » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:31 am

Its more a custom Sci-Fi universe. I originaly started modeling out a single heavy fighter for Starshatter, and it ended up being a entire fleet of ships. I based them heavily on Wing Commander, the Southern Star bomber is basicaly the Rapier frame modified and seriously enlarged, the bearcat borrows from the same frame also. The idea has now spiraled to a mod for Starshatter. with its storyline being roughly:

"In 2654, the Terran Confederacy, a confederation of some 80 colonies stretched accross 3 of the Milky Way's four spiral arms, is in the tail end of a series of interstellar wars, and they are suffering. The Current fleet of ships are wholey inadequate to the task. In 2655, a new generation of warships developed in secret were unveiled, within six months the new ships phased out the aging fleet. In the next three years the confederacy went from on the verge of anihilation to the road to victory, these are the stories of the crew's and pilots. The story of a Universe Divided".

Universe Divided is a tentative name :D

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:36 am

The Wing Commander film was on tv the other day; that's about all I can say on the topic.

Except for, I fucking hate Maniac.

DarkestVorlon

Post by DarkestVorlon » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:23 pm

Thats the idea, Maniac was, infact, a maniac. In the games he was arrogant to a extreme fault. Out of all the missions I had him as my AI wingman, only in one did I NOT have to bail him out of a dogfight with 4 fighters, usualy outclassing ours by two grades (basicaly, the AI Maniac would take a medium fighter and go after 4 or 5 heavy assault fighters) Infact, in each game your CO would give you the option of taking maniac out yourself on a few occasions, one of wich you were expected to! lol

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:52 am

I spent a lot of time shooting at him.

Am getting nostalgic for Wing Commander now.

DarkestVorlon

Post by DarkestVorlon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:14 am

well, if I can get the ship models textured, Ill be setting up a WC inspired mod, set quite some time after Prophecy, wich a resurgence of more classicly designed WC ships ;)

Return to “3D Showcase Forum”