Regarding use of this mods effects with accreditation...

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Sastrei

Post by Sastrei » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:29 am

Hello,

I'm seeking permission to use the explosion, and possibly other, effects in my own TC, BrickSpace. However, I've been unable to track down MrGloomy, and any emails sent to the address on his profile bounce.

-Stefan-

[ 02. July 2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Sastrei ]

Mr Gloomy
Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Post by Mr Gloomy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:13 pm

Errr wha...? I'm still around...ish, just a bit busy so...err...don't know! Anyhoo, I think I'd have to say at this point say 'no' I'm afraid...please don't hate me! You see, the effects have been minipulated, re-arranged and edited by yours truly but there are a few effects and scripts (mainly the ebg's) that I have used from other mod team members (with their permissions I might add). For example the jump effect most peeps would know, has been modified from the Freespace 2 mod. The generic explosion effects have been modified from Cnl Pepper's original explosion textures and the ebg's were worked on with conjuntion with SvK. I had the ideas, asked for guidance and learnt from them and made my own variations or totally new weapon effects. You can use the weapon effects, shields/hit effects etc but I think you have to do just one more thing. Just ask if Cnl Pepper and SvK are ok with this and I'll go along with what they say, afterall I make no hesitations in saying that they helped with a very important aspect of the DS mod.

Hey, for those wondering about the sort of things I've been doing...more bloody learning and portfolio work. Here's a early look of my unfinished alien dude...

I've still got a lot to learn especially when I try and do a high-poly version in Maya.

Mr Gloomy:) - Still working...coffee in hand!

Sastrei

Post by Sastrei » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:32 am

Ok, so if I'm understanding this right then - the effects were only tweaked by you, so as long as I have SvK's and CnlPepper's permission, I can use them?

-Stefan-

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:11 am

For the record, CnlPepper is fine with his effects being used as long as proper credit is given--you'd be hard-pressed to find an HW mod out there that doesn't have something of his in it... :D

Eagle114th

Post by Eagle114th » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:47 pm

I can't believe you are still alive! I have been playing your mod for long time, even still right now. I have been wondering if you ever would work on new models for frigates and heavy ship for either side of these races. Or did you leave Homeworld? I am just wondering, and whatever you do, I am truly impressed by your great, vivid mind of creative on these hard work you have done to have all of us to enjoy your hard work for homeworld with your mod.

Eagle out...

Return to “Dark Star: The Crusades”