*dust*

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby Ghost Rider » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:03 pm

is it just me, or is this place quite seriously dead?
Death is only the beginning
Ghost Rider

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun May 01, 2005 10:54 am

With luck it's only in a coma. Hopefully, darkstar isn't an entirely dead mod yet.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Ghost Rider » Sun May 01, 2005 11:19 am

well... that's slightly better... though haven't heard anything at all from mrG since gods-know-when... but it would be a shame to see this mod die a silent death... especially since one of it's ships is after my design...
Ghost Rider

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun May 01, 2005 4:14 pm

It is? Which one?
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Ghost Rider » Sun May 01, 2005 7:32 pm

ligt corvette of the Insurgency... though in the very early days of the mod I used to be quite active for it... but that's way before Dark Age became part of it (or vice versa)
Ghost Rider

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sun May 01, 2005 10:34 pm

Cool. I like that one. One of the best designs IMO. (though most of the others are right up there with it)
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Ghost Rider » Mon May 02, 2005 10:20 am

yeah well [img]smile.gif[/img] ofcourse there's BradMick who started this all with some story... (which I read, once, a LONG time ago)

but then there's still the fact that things are very very quiet these days... and I'd say it's almost a shame I've lost every single sketch mrG made for this mod from the beginning till right before it became dark-age-affiliated (meaning, when I got out of the mod)...

all I'm hoping for is that mrG will show up someday and do a little speech... and I know homeworld (1&2) are no where near being installed on my PC, but it would be a shame to see this good idea-thing go to waste
Ghost Rider

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue May 03, 2005 12:51 pm

I've still got a direct shortcut to Darkstar on my desktop. :D
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Ghost Rider » Tue May 03, 2005 1:15 pm

lol, wouldn't be surprised if you're the only one [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ghost Rider

Postby Mr Gloomy » Fri May 13, 2005 4:38 pm

Ohh behave you old ladies ;)

Ha ha, I'm still around but admittedly not a lot. Can't really say I've done any work on the mod for some time now, so many things to sort out if I want my ideal job. Last thing I did was finish modelling the Mol'Dom Mothergate vessel. No textures but its pretty much complete (about 1400 poly's) so perhaps if I finish the whole thing it may drive me to finish the rest...or not. Anyhoo, everyone seems to be more involved with HW2, which I have to say finally grew on me...once playing it with various mods. I might even try and get some 'improved' mark II versions of the HW1 DS mod into HW2. No one hold your breath (I won't be held personally responsible for people snuffing it if they wait for my next reply while literally holding their breath). Need to finish some home concept art work I'm doing at the moment but who knows? I'm still holding out for my opportunity to work with my bro over in Australia for 3 months as a junior games designer. Until then I'm doing my 'home work' for my portfolio while still working at a crappy retail job...ahh life, it can be a sick bastard!

Here a quick pic I did for another game concept I'm working on...well, the art material and script...

Its only a farely simple picture but considering its one of my first drawn directly on computer with no sketch book reference material, it something to build on. Coinsidently, this picture is based within the Dark Star 'Entala' universe. Won't tell you any more for now. I'll come drumming and shouting if I have any new DS material, peace...and all that cool stuff!

Mr Gloomy:) - keeping old ladies happy...err, that sounds sick!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Next

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades