[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Woohoo! Insurgency mothergate kicking arse!

Woohoo! Insurgency mothergate kicking arse!

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby Mr Gloomy » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:12 pm

Greetings all,

It not a pretty attempt at mexing but the mothergate is nearly complete although I'm having numerous problems with multiple mexing programs (VME, HWSE, etc). Apart from that though it already in game kicking arse since its got quite a few weapon points. During to course of the mod I intend to create a different research tree and part of that tree will be a multiple weapon system that can use multiple weapon types on a single weapon grid. The reason I mention this is to illustrate that the mothergate has this little idea in action. Please enjoy the screenies but I must mention that the release is still some time away since recent events have made me concentrate on my portfolio more than the mod. While the DS mod is oing to be part of the portfolio, I have to consider doing some different things relating to my chosen field. As it is, I'm considering the idea of modding battlezone 2 since I've been playing it again and its great. Anyway, enough of that, enjoy the screenies...

Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby Garm » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:27 pm

Damn I've been missing these posts. Image
Will updates follow regularly now? Image
Garm

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:11 pm

*applauds*

This is looking better and better. Image

Now all it needs is that permanently open wormhole effect in the middle using navlights. Image
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Mr Gloomy » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:22 am

Hmmm, as for regular updates I can't really say since who knows what life will throw at me. As for the nav light jump effect, there's a little problem, or should I say, a problem with HWSE 140beta4. Since my VME doesn't like working at all with this model (perhaps its the size or poly's, don't know!?!) I'm having to use HWSE 140beta4. There's still a few bugs including that nav lights all turn out white, grrr. Also, it will no longer allow me to add more weapon points, it crashes randomly and well, generally its not looking to good. I've downloaded the latest version but it doesn't even open from the .rar file. Anything else .rar file orientated works fine, but Delphy's latest copy of HWSE...well its peeing me off. Don't get me wrong, the prog is amazing (coding geneous) but the bugs are 'bugging' me when I really want this thing finished.

Mr Gloomy Image - Getting bugged out, man!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby Steelviper » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:12 am

Looks pretty menacing Image

------------------

Visit the where reality gets twisted...
Steelviper

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:19 am

See if you can find an old text-based MEX editor.

Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:20 am

Hmmm, try asking around the general discussion forum (AFAIK, most of the modding peeps visit there regularly) if there's a modder with spare time willing to help you .mex that monster. Image
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:39 am

Just for the record, 1.40 beta 4 is not the newest version of HWSE. Image There's 1.40 beta 5 and 1.41; you might give 1.41 a try, as it's worked pretty well for me on some .mex-ing today, including properly colored nav lights... Image
Captain Pierce

Postby Meurig » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:23 pm

Absolutely fantastic!!
And use HWSE 1.3, in my opinion all these newer versions are crap in many ways, the only thing that 1.3 doesnt have is the ability to fix the rainbow lighting on cataclysm ships, which doenst really apply to you, so use 1.3!
Meurig

Postby Nighpher » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:22 am

Great work !!!
Nighpher

Next

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades