SuuuurrrPRISE! (Dark Star Release)

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby Mr Gloomy » Sat May 22, 2004 8:52 pm

More screenshots, MORE, Mwhuhahahahahahahaaaa...

The Mol'Dom out number the poor Insurgency...

The Mol'Dom just keep coming...

The Mol'Dom catch the Insurgency by surprise...

Now the Insugency are really screwed...

Can the Insurgency turn the tide?

Mr Gloomy:) - Its wallpaper time, I need more screenies!!!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby Meurig » Sat May 22, 2004 11:27 pm

The mothergate model really reminds me of the ships from Freelancer, I think it's the style of texturing. Must be.
Meurig

Postby Ghost Rider » Mon May 24, 2004 6:58 pm

geezz... now you just forced me to dig deep in my pile of dust... somewhere down there is the disk for homeworld...

btw, mrG... brad and I've been worried about you ;)
Ghost Rider

Postby deathblane » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:00 am

Well, I've given the mod a bit of a battering and would have some great screen shots, except I was pressing the wrong bloody key :mad: . Anyway I'll load the recording and try again tomorrow. There are a few small things I noticed. First the resource controllers have a hyperspaceing cost of 0, but that might be intentional. Also the resource controllers would fit nicely into the carrier slot, just as a temporary measure. Oh and the Mol Dom appear to be slightly outclassed. They're more expensive than the Insergency and in a 1v1 contest they tend to lose. Still, a very nice mod [img]smile.gif[/img]
deathblane

Postby star blazers fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:01 am

Would anyone like to see a cat version of this mod? With the permission and or help from the creator of course.
star blazers fan

Postby Mr Gloomy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:14 am

Ohh, I haven't been around for a while. As you may of noticed things are quiet at the mo, so many thing to do and so little time. As for converting the DS mod to Cataclysm, that would be great since the designs and functions of the mod can be suited to the HW:C engine...I can easily adjust things here and there.

As it is I'm been working on my portfolio material still but I've been entertaining myself too...nothing perverted! I've been adjusting and 'improving' the Freespace 2 mod for HW. Just some fairly minor adjustments but I think I've done alright with it so far. So far there is improved AI, ship stats, ship balancing, nav light engines, corrected mex stats (all mex's still in VME but with some proper collision detection this time), nearly completely different weapon layouts (more like FS2 itself, the Terran Heavy Cruiser, the 'Colossus', now has something like 63 weapon points), no Y-axis movements (so that players have to care for each cap-ship and move them into good positions), vastly improved fighters (better weapon layout like the FS2 game and nav light engines), proper scalling, modified Dark Star weapon pack for my version of the FS2 Hw mod (looks rather nifty) and I've been thinking of replacing the P1 race with the NTF and the P2 race with some Vasudan rebels. I might not get round to all this however due to me getting rather pissed off with texture curruption causing the game to simply crash to windows, obviously a slightly dodgy textures.ll file which I just can't fix.

Since the original FS2 mod was not mine, I'm not sure I can release this to everyone else but here some screenies...

Nav light engines...

NTF Iceni firing at a bastion class carrier (improved weapon layout and nav light engines)...

Improved/corrected collision detection and modified weapons pack...

Smoothed, re-mexed, nav-light engine fighters...

And finally, the colossus getting a bit pissed...

I've got loads more screenies but I can't be bothered right now. If there is anyone interested in this tweaked version and can even help with the crashing problem, let me know.

Mr Gloomy - still keeping myself busy
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Previous

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades