[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - SuuuurrrPRISE! (Dark Star Release)

SuuuurrrPRISE! (Dark Star Release)

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby theblessedsheridan » Wed May 19, 2004 11:47 pm

Yes thats right ladies and gentlemen, here for you're playing pleasure on of my (and I mean it) favorite mods.

Brought to you by.... well.., nothing to do with me actually I'm just a loyal fan [img]smile.gif[/img] But I can at least get the kudos for . Anyway sillyness aside, this new dark star release is of course the outstanding work of the very talented Mr Gloomy. (nice one mate)

(incase you missed it), is .

-A good Board Admin knows how to identify bad ideas, bad ideas come from <i><b>Other</i></b> people.
-I keep thinking I see light at the end of the tunnel.... but no its just some barst*d bringing me more work
-.. once you've been inside TGU for a while... your never quite, whole again, but you do what your told! AND SO WILL YOU!
theblessedsheridan

Postby Captain Pierce » Thu May 20, 2004 3:35 am

Jesus, what does a brother have to do to get a download link around here?!? :rolleyes:
Captain Pierce

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu May 20, 2004 2:48 pm

Dammit, now I'll have to spend half an hour trying to decide which link to click before I can begin downloading it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And btw, it's nice to finally see an update on this.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Mr Gloomy » Thu May 20, 2004 10:08 pm

Cheers TBS!

Greetings all, its been a very long time coming but here it is in all its unfinished glory. I hope it works fine and all the bits are there. I had to rush things a bit but I think its all there...ooh, a few spare pieces, a essential file,hmm...oh well, it should work a bit I hope. Please leave some screenies and even some reviews and hopefully I should be inspired to continue soon enough. In fact, I've got the Mol'Dom Mothergate already modelled and ready for texturing ;) I've been really busy recently and applying for a proper job. All the notes and readme's are in the package so read'em. Cheers for to many, many peeps out there and cheers again to TBS and Meurig (and the rest of the DA gang) for getting the mod out at last. Hope all of you enjoy it and I still want to mod HW...not HW2, its no way as much fun or in my opinion, as flexible as HW1. I'm quite disappointed with HW2, nice graphics (yeah, lets use loads of unnecessary poly's), great sound (no H.Samuel tune, thingy) and new features (fighters are even more useless than before, yay)but christ, I must be crazy not having a home copy of Maya to do modding, I'll save up a bit ;)

Mr Gloomy:) - There is still a future for HW1!!!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Thu May 20, 2004 11:39 pm

*gasp*
/faint
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Meurig » Fri May 21, 2004 1:30 am

HNurrah! One of my favourites too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Meurig

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Fri May 21, 2004 11:32 am

Ok, I'm back from trying the mod, and I must say that it's great to play. [img]smile.gif[/img] There are a few cosmetic problems, like some needed lod adjustments. And the engine glows on the insurgency mothergate are a bit misplaced.

In any case, the game plays great, and I haven't found any gameplay problems yet, and in the end, that's all that matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Fri May 21, 2004 10:24 pm

I demand screenshots!
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby Swifty » Fri May 21, 2004 11:36 pm

Very cool nice one gloomy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Swifty

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sat May 22, 2004 8:31 pm

Screenshots? You got it...

I've only taken two for now, and none of them are battle shots, but they're pretty cool anyway IMHO:

Fighters take off after a minor refit in the hangar bays of a Insurgency resource controller.

Reinforcements arrive to bolster the defense of a vulnerable Mol'dom resourcing operation.
TheOneNamedViper

Next

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades