Quick Question Mr Gloomy Sir...

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby reapernoire » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:40 pm

The Mol'Dom have those Solar sails...

Is there going to be a .mad animation when they certain ships dock, with hte Sails folding away.

Cos that would the TTthhhhhhuper!!!!!!

------------------
Like the wanderers before me, the Sun shall go down
Darkness be over me, rest my soul in the Valley of death
For my soul now belongs to the everlasting journey,
and i shall noeth that my deeds have been fulfilled upon this plain,
for my time is over here, and i shall too become a wanderer,
and the sun shall go down, darkness be over me
rest my soul in the valley of death
reapernoire

Postby Mr Gloomy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:14 pm

If there's someone willing to go through the bother, cool but otherwise it seems unlikely. I don't have the time knowadays (full-time work, blah, blah) to learn how to do that malarky and I'm pressing on with my portfolio material and art work. If there's a willing soul who wishes to do this or even animate the turrets for the corvettes (spectrewraith was doing for the mod over at the MF)please give us a hand. Who ever decides to do this however will have to seperate the objects, etc themselves cos I just design them, model them, texture, mex them and get them in game.

On a different note, I'm currently tweaking the mothergate although its current look will be pretty much the same. Some have stated that it needs more poly's, I'm gonna have to ignore this to an extent although a few more details are being added. I didn't really want the ring section to look too round since it would make the design seem more like an item of jewllery, not a huge mothership. I'm also working on the mexing although I'm having to start from scratch since VME and any version of HWSE isn't working too well (HWSE gets to a certain point in the mexing them decides to bugger-up,grrrr).

Mr Gloomy Image - having teething problems
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:56 pm

I'll be happy to .mad the solar sails and any other moving parts you'll like. You just have find someone else to prepare the models and cut them up into the proper parts, as I don't have a working modelling program at the moment. Image

Do that and tell me hos they're supposed to move and I can do it with no problems...

[This message has been edited by TheOneNamedViper (edited 18 April 2003).]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Mr Gloomy » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:54 pm

Cool! Any volunteers for seperating the necessary parts for .mad animations?

Mr Gloomy Image - If the peeps want it, they can help!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades