Download Darkstar v0.2

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Nighpher

Post by Nighpher » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:16 am

Im just posting this for the New guys (like me) that want to get a taste of the Awesome DarkStar Mod but cant find the download. well I think it took me 10 hours to find a site that had it, I mean realy had it to download.

by the way this is version 0.2:

http://jstonline.thegamingunion.com/

once there, go to Content click 'Downloads' then click 'Modifications' then in the lower right hand corner click on 'Discontinued Mods', once there you will see a list of mods find the one named: "Darkstar: The Crusades Mod" click in that and the download starts.

dont ask me why its in the dicontinued section but its almost a crime!

scottismo

Post by scottismo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:27 pm

Well until recently as far as i knew it hadn't been updated for a long time. I have recently seen some screens of some new ships so i will be moving it out of the discontinued section.

------------------
Visit my Homeworld/Cataclysm site:

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:57 pm

I wonder if you asked Gloomy for permission to mirror it? I would imagine not.

Mr Gloomy
Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Post by Mr Gloomy » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:07 pm

Hmmm, good point!

Since the death of the ModFactory, the original url for the first release was lost so their downloading is a problem. It would be nice if I was asked if its alright to mirror the mod since it is my mod. To save any hassle, please feel free to mirror the mod since I currently have no place to store things like files or mod releases (TBS, could I have a file account for future releases, please!).

Mr Gloomy Image - Cheers for the mirror but please ask in future

scottismo

Post by scottismo » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:36 pm

Hey Meurig you're probably not aware of it but im gradually going thru my list asking people & reasking people for mods which i originally neglected to ask for. You will see by the way my site has changed slightly that it is underway. I am enlightened. So...no hard feelings? Oh Mr Gloomy here is as good a place as any to ask if Jst-Online may continue to list your mod. If yes, you have two options. 1 - Have you actual mod mirrored or 2 - Just have a link which downloads directly from your site. Thankyou.

Scottismo ;) - Wondering why Gloomy makes me laugh doing sigs like this after his posts.

------------------
Visit my Homeworld/Cataclysm site:

[This message has been edited by scottismo (edited 17 April 2003).]

[This message has been edited by scottismo (edited 17 April 2003).]

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:33 pm

I am fully aware, I read the topic on the relic forum.
I wasn't happy that DA files were mirrored without asking either, and I think Crook was entirely correct in his requests.

Steelviper

Post by Steelviper » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:55 pm

I have never been asked about hosting DA mod files and I never expressed my permission to do so. Even if it is hosted on another TGU site, there is no copyright disclaimer on it for our files which I consider essential! Especially when thinking back to the mod stealing issue by the Armada mod not long ago. Either you add a copyright disclaimer to any DA files or a link to DA main site, but I do not support the current dl setup by any means.

------------------

Visit the Dark Age mod where reality gets twisted...

[This message has been edited by Steelviper (edited 17 April 2003).]

Return to “Dark Star: The Crusades”