cat mod

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby star blazers fan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:13 pm

I hope you don't mind but I used your models to make the p1 and kushan sides for my personal cat mod. They look really great especially the opening fight seen as you start the single player mission. Anyways I have all the pieces working but I could really use a mothership and at least one more ship to be a frigate. You talked about releasing a couple of ships earlier this year but I haven't seen them yet. I hope it's not because no one will host your mod, because there are at least two different sites that we all use to post them including this site. JST thegamingunion online. or something like that.
Anyways this is just a nudge to encourage you that you are an important person and you have given great value to at least my life and I hope to see more of your great work in the future.

Great days ahead with lots of success:)
star blazers fan

Postby Sjet vs. Kerrigan » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:44 am

Messing with ships on your own computer is fine. Just don't release your mod without Gloomy's permission, of course.

(I too would like him to return and demonstrate his artistic skills.)
Sjet vs. Kerrigan

Postby star blazers fan » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:06 am

I should have made that clearer as well. Yeah, I hope he comes back and I would love to get his permission if I ever get any interest in my cat mod. But I really just did it for myself. I think his ships were the most original of all the mods and quite frankly better than any other game out there.
star blazers fan

Postby Mr Gloomy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:43 pm

Greetings!!!

Yes, I still liiiiiiiivvvvveee... Anyway, thats very cool that you've done that and I at the stage of getting things ready for the next release, yay. Just doing the read me and there is indeed the Insurgency Mothership or should I say, Mothergate. Its quite large so but you could manipulate the resource controllers. If you want you could try your best to convert the DS mod to Cataclysm. I have tried in vain to do so cos cata is soooo annoying. So far I only have the fighters, corvettes, and resource units and that could be it for a looonnnggg time.

If you could however do me a favour in return for this, could you email me this 'personal' mod of yours although only with the Dark Star bits in it. It should give me some pointers. I can fiddle with weapons effects since I'm rather happy with the how the weapon effects look in the current version I have. Once I've sorted things out I'll let people know. I'll leave my email address below ;)

nm003b2555@blueyonder.co.uk

Mr Gloomy:) - soon peeps, soon!
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:11 pm

Sweet. It's nice to see you haven't dropped completely off the face of the planet. I'm looking forward to that new release of yours.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/iframe?steamID=STEAM_0:0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Swifty » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:47 pm

Nice to see you about again Mr Gloomy.
Swifty

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades