no offence but how longs it gonna be

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Entala Zaru

Post by Entala Zaru » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:20 pm

im inpatent because the mods soo god damn cool Image its annoying when poeple get your hopes up

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:39 am

Aargh, shut up! When its ready Gloomy will say so.

bait

Post by bait » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:01 pm

someones got ashort fuse

Mr Gloomy
Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Post by Mr Gloomy » Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:52 pm

Ok peeps, here's my response

'Whenever 'I' choose to be ready and sacrifice my own time, effort and ideas for the general masses to enjoy a very difficult and time consuming project, namely the Dark Star mod.'

I understand that there are a few genuine fans out there and I thank you all but it gets a 'tad' annoying when I look around the entirety of the forums to see multiple repeated topics stating the 'I'm not being rude but how long is the mod going to take?'

This my friends does get a bit rude and annoying considering it sounds more like people are after the spoils of the hard work instead of asking if the creators/workers are ok and doing well for themselves. To clear things up my computer was severly screwed for over a week and therefore I have been screwed in terms of being able do work benefitting myself, aswell as the HW game's playing masses. Just yesterday I was able to get the computer sorted so therefore I can get back to work and finish my last two models before the next release. Once these models have the been completed, there are still some issues I must sort out before release. The biggest problem is that texture corruption is becoming the biggest issue and I need help in resolving this before the next release. All the playable race fighters are complete as well as the corvettes as so too will the mothergates but I need some helpful souls to help me remove the old texture files from the textures.ll. I can't remove all the old textures of course but I think I should be able to remove the fighter, corvette and mothership textures (I could be wrong). If anyone has a tool/prog that makes this process easier, great. If not could someone help in this task. My own liflist tool is slightly different from others since I adjusted it to make it easier for my simple mind. PLease help peeps and keep the constant demands for a 'next release' to a minimum, thank you.

Mr Gloomy Image - Gonna get rather pissed at some point!

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:38 pm

I'd help, but I avoid using the textures.ll altogether and make mods that don't need it. The great wars people know their stuff in that department.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:38 pm

I'd be happy to help ya Gloomy Image. ICQ me (number is in profile) and tell me what ships you need removed, and I can make you one in 5 minutes Image.

[This message has been edited by TheOneNamedViper (edited 30 March 2003).]

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:43 am

*wanders in sees people harassing Mr.G*
oh no no no no no no
no i did not see this aw this is jsut wrong
*Starts slappin em all*
Leave him alone its done when hes damn well ready, until then have a look around the forums and drool at his models and artwork.

I'd offrer to help but i dont know how to model and texture lol Image also i'm helping a freind get an online game together Image

Mr Gloomy

Post by Mr Gloomy » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:38 pm

Cheers all!

TheOneNamedViper, cheers for the offer. I'll sort a few things out first before using ICQ again but when I do, I'll let you know and send the texture.ll file. All that needs to be altered/removed in the R-race fighter textures, the corvette textures and possibly the mothership textures. Once I get this sorted you'll be one of the first in-line to get the next release.

Mr Gloomy Image - Still needing to tidy the computer!

Greven

Post by Greven » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:49 pm

Wow.... this place is still going after all this time.

Mr Gloomy

Post by Mr Gloomy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:00 pm

Yep, sure is! A bit slow and looking a tad dated but I'm still trying my best. So how's you Greven, haven't heard from you in some time. Shame about the MF but all good things come to an end (including a jar of horlicks which I just finished, bugger).

Mr Gloomy Image - Laying off the caffiene

Return to “Dark Star: The Crusades”