[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - downloading the mod...

downloading the mod...

Moderator: Mr Gloomy

Postby MadMark180 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:25 pm

When is was trying to download the mod (v.0.2), the browser directed me to a sex webcam site. now i dont mind sex once in a while but is really trying to get the mod. could someone please fix the link?
MadMark180

Postby stormbornchild » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:24 am

why dosent he release what hes got i know it would keep me happy and then resume his profile

(why he dosent complete the mod then do his profile last, instead of makeing a little bit of the mod, makeing profile, finishing the mod, then haveing to go back to his profile to chainge things that hes chainged to smooth out gameplay :mad: i dont know :mad: but i have no say, but i do have one thing he dosent common sence)

[size="1"][ 05. July 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: stormbornchild ][/size]
stormbornchild

Postby stormbornchild » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:26 am

sorry if this anois any one but
cum'on its right isnt it

[size="1"][ 05. July 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: stormbornchild ][/size]
stormbornchild

Postby Meurig » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:18 pm

Meurig

Postby Nighpher » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:26 pm

You must be reminder that that site is old. and probly your browser just pointed you to the most likly link.

if you wish to down load the mod this site is the one I used:

click downloads;
modifacations;
homeworld mods;
Darkstar: The Crusades Mod;
Download file.

and that my story and im sticking to it!

[size="1"][ 05. July 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Nighpher ][/size]
Nighpher

Postby stormbornchild » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:42 pm

hmm sadly homeworld is dieing
(the community)
but luckily its makeing way for
HOMEWORLD2
stormbornchild

Postby MadMark180 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:47 pm

thanx Nighpher,also bookmarked the site. may come in handy in the future. and yes, i to think the hw community is dieing but i hope that they will find enough time to finish the mods they started.

greetz mark
MadMark180

Postby Mr Gloomy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:16 am

Hmmm, this little topic could PISS ME OFF!!!

As Meurig mentioned, I'm bloomin' busy and modding is not the most important thing in the world...or in my world at least. Stormbornchild, your comments may have some point but don't forget that I'm doing this little project by myself, from scratch, learning as I go along and with people such as yourself pestering me to make a release even though you have no idea what state the mod is in at this moment (do you think all games companies should release shoddy, crap game before there done?). I could make a release, a crap one and look forward to endless complaints and critism's from the masses and get no thanks at all for making the mod in first place. Unlike other mods I'm designing the mod concept from scratch, designing all the units for ALL races, making the models myself, texturing myself, mexing, balancing, testing, converting to in-game code, scripting and generally working my nuts off to please the likes of you. I apologies for the delays, I'm sorry that this reply may seem rather hostile, but tough! There are many understanding peeps here but I realise that the only understanding peeps here are those who are modding themselves. Its not that easy and takes a lot of time and patients, patients that can ware thin when I'm greeted with comments like:

'why he dosent complete the mod then do his profile last, instead of makeing a little bit of the mod, makeing profile, finishing the mod, then haveing to go back to his profile to chainge things that hes chainged to smooth out gameplay :mad: i dont know :mad: but i have no say, but i do have one thing he dosent common sence'

It would seem that I have more common sense than yourself since you fail to recognise that you're offending someone who's giving you a free treat for an already wonderful game. Now I'm not gonna see this opportunity to say rude things and pack up the whole mod, instead I'm gonna get back to work and take your comments on board and hopefully learn from them...if I can translate you comments first.

One last rant, I see myself as a designer so can you imagine how frustrating it is to work on the same material for ages, over and over. I want to move on to something else, a new design area, a new game and a better career. Not only am I working on a project on my own but I'm working on this project regardless of my boredom towards it. It hard working on old material but I do it anyway so you'll just have to be patient and sit tight. If not, enjoy the wonderful mods of some of the other fine mods-teams in this forum and let me get on with whatever I'm doing. If you still think I've got no common sense, please send any comments and concerns on a post card to:

Mr Gloomy:)
666 Stressed Out Street,
Pissed Off Village,
London,
Post Code: AAAGGGHHH!!!

Or Call the Hades hotline: 666-Gloomy

Thank you,

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Gloomy:)
Mr Gloomy

Location: Croydon, Surrey, England...Earth and a universe all to myself

Postby Captain Pierce » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:18 am

Well said, Mr. G. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm going to have to guess that Stormbornchild is still young enough that the Real World is still theoretical to him. In a way, I envy him his innocence; but (having my 10-year college class reunion this year) it's mostly just annoying. :D
Captain Pierce

Postby stormbornchild » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:40 pm

lol

lol

im sorry gloomy but your stessing yourself out

lol

whenever you start something you dont do your write upe before it evan finished
lol
thats just stupid
you never know whats going to happen next for all you know you could just lose evry thing, all that hard work down the potty
so dont get angry with me stress head

yours sincearly "fan of your work" (keep it up though)
stormbornchild

Next

Return to Dark Star: The Crusades