Stronger Stance

Any feedback, suggestions or problems

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, The_One, Texas Ranger

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:00 pm

I feel, with the recent removal of one of the threads, that admins should take a stronger approach with regards to the rules we are supposed to adhere by. Sometimes in the middle of debates things get heated up to the point of becomming irrational and emotional. It's here that the participants sometimes don't realize the problems that may be brewing. A stronger and more decisive ruling by the admins would help to quell any future problems and help keep the comunity more together and grounded rather than allowing divisions to become irrepribly wide.

In short: Be fair and unbiased, don't allow personal views to cloud judgments, shut things down "before" they get out of hand.

Thanks for listening.

bzb

Post by bzb » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:36 pm

I have taken the issue up in a private forum with the relevant peeps already. I agree there is a deeper problem with the mood on these forums and plans are being hatched to bring us out of the dark ages.
But i cant ban people for the sake of them disagreeing and i cant do much when people get 'involed' in a disussion, passion is a natural thing when you feel passionatly about something i have to allow people to respond in that way.
I agree that i should have done a better job in that topic, i did take it on essentially when i first posted my warning but i negleted it after. I left you out in the cold whilst the buzzards got stuck in and that was not my intention, i should be fair to both sides and i did mean to be, hence why i have taken this problem a bit further than i normally would when a topic gets out of hand.

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:42 pm

I don't mean to sound like I'm wanting sympathy. I was far from innocent. I hope I wasn't hinting at banning because that was not my intent either. Unknowingly I sparked the riot and hold myself accountable for my actions. Again, my apologies.

Thanks for replying and also for taking actions to prevent this sort of thing in the future. I wouldn't want my worst enemy in my shoes in that thread [img]smile.gif[/img]

bzb

Post by bzb » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:24 pm

political is a boxing match and its up to the referee to keep it clean, not the fighters.

Texas Ranger

If you dont like the heat stay out of the Kitchen

Post by Texas Ranger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:37 pm

Politics, Religon & Abortion are 3 topics that people should not get involved in unless they are prepared to take major flack. I personaly stay out of the Politics forum (now renamed Serious Discussion) mainly because i fell people jump on a bandwagon and attack a paticular side, Rightly or Wrongly this is what happens, and it is personal it can not be anything else you post your opinions, beliefs & versions of the truth people attack them! thats what the debate is about, Rightly or Wrongly I choose to avoid that as i feel that i may unfairly chastise someone, invoke a ban or something else! But thats my choice as it is the people who do post there.If you join the infantry you job is to be shot at hopefully surviving, so you can be shot a again. That is a big factor on me not wanting to join the army. Sure plating with guns sounds great, My Scout unit was nicknamed the 2nd Linwood Rambo Unit as someone in the unit knew a QM who got us stuff at the "right" price we used to "Play" Soldier creeping through forests, but when it Can to it in nevere facied the getting shot at thing. I guess what i am saying is if you participated in there its not playing burn, get burned & dont complain about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ImageSlifania ImageVorgoth

The_One

Post by The_One » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:59 pm

Testing something ;)

Yeah, the Politics/Serious Forum has always been a dangerous playground.

*loves the new forums*

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:07 pm

:cool: FANCY :cool:
[indent][indent][indent][indent]

[/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent]
"Next time you watch Return of the Jedi, note that all Ackbar wants to do, from the minute the assault on the Death Star begins, is leave."

Return to “Feedback”