Whats happening with all the TGU hosted sites?

Any feedback, suggestions or problems

Moderators: theblessedsheridan, The_One, Texas Ranger

Durandel

Post by Durandel » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:54 pm

Hi. Just checked the links page on my website. I cant help but notice that all the TGU hosted MOD websites are still down.

These sites represent a large proportion of all the mods ever produced for HW.

Will they be restored or are they lost forever?

theblessedsheridan

Post by theblessedsheridan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:05 pm

Definately not lost forever, and will definately be restored. As for a timeframe, thats one for you Texy!

Durandel

Post by Durandel » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:19 pm

I'm glad the sites aren't lost. I hope it's not going to take too much longer, though. The HW scene is dying fast.

Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:37 pm

current server expires on 23 jun 04 until new server is brought to life sites will not be created i will however be changing the way in which sites will be hosted

GeneralAnnihilation

Post by GeneralAnnihilation » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm glad the sites aren't lost. I hope it's not going to take too much longer, though. The HW scene is dying fast.
ditto, as i noted elsewhere us po folk have to settle for old software on even older machines and then find related sites neglected/nonexistant.
its a shame to see so many interresting projects re a great game like HW die off as soon as a hot sequel comes along :(
It's probably an I/O error.....
...Oh yeh...that would be....
...Idiot/Operator!!!!

Aurek

Post by Aurek » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:13 pm

If only we could generate some intrest in the source code. There is bits and pieces of work being done here and there but calls on the relic forums for some sort of organised programming team seem to have been in vain. It looks like there just isint enough people in the community anymore.

Durandel

Post by Durandel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:59 pm

its a shame to see so many interresting projects re a great game like HW die off as soon as a hot sequel comes along
Even worse to see them die because a really crap sequel like HW2 came along.
If only we could generate some intrest in the source code.
It's a very outdated engine. Who's going invest time and effort into incomplete source code for an old games engine when it wont even compile? Besides:

(a) There are no players left
(b) Barking Dog already pushed the HW engine about as far as it could go
(c) Most of the people who've declared ambitious development projects with the source code usually finish their post with "I don't know anything about C++".

We can forget probably the source code. Don't lose hope though. I think the future is in modding totally different games, perhaps into HW clones. Maybe we'll see an unofficial Homeworld3 in the future? The enthusiasm and skill is out there, and there have been rumours of a new game called Nexus that might be an ideal vehicle.

[ 07. June 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Durandel ]

Return to “Feedback”