bit of bad news

Moderator: Shadow of Light

Shadow of Light

Post by Shadow of Light » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:48 pm

The FBI and DOJ latest sting operation site down has done quite a bit of damage to the scene, the movie side seem to have taken the worst hit with Centropy ,TDA ,MYTH and LND all being hit and temporarily off air though rumours are some are not coming back .....And quite a few groups are voluntarily closing up shop for how long is just rumours again.

The games side has also been hit with hoodlum and vengeance getting busted as well, jail time is on the plate so a lot of smaller group are giving up for good as a lot them where using the 2 sites the FBI had put ………so expect a slow few months with releases maybe even more who knows.

P/S these 2 sites the FBI had been running.. well the groups had been using them for 2 years so these busts are different and monumentally far more damaging than any other before.

[ 02. July 2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Shadow of Light ]
The ambition to be a politician should bar that person from ever becoming one

Crook

Post by Crook » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:52 pm

I'm sure the setback to the scene will be only temporary.

Shadow of Light

Post by Shadow of Light » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:15 am

mmm this time is very differrent , reminds me of when the BBSses community got busted to death ...this scene is on it's last legs 24 groups have quit as well as the 20 odd busted .

It is not just the numbers, only 2 types of groups where hit movies and games 4 top sies down with another 4 europeana sites flat as well as half of efnet dead never seen so many flat channels.

It wont effect xxx,tv rips,music....but I would not hold my breath for any decent dvd rips for a while or games.

Crook

Post by Crook » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:18 pm

It's the games and apps that are always the hardest I think. Anyone can rip a DVD or CD. To rip games takes speed AND talent.

Return to “(D'HUB) This Place may or may not exist”