Brag about PCs!!

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:09 pm

well, over the holidays I got 2x1TB drives in an external drive bay and added them to my setup so now I got a 300 gb drive for windows, 1 1TB drive for games and programs, and 1 1TB for files, so I think I'm good for space for a while

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Christ, and here is little old me sitting on a 300 gig in my laptop and a 500 gig external.

You guys make me sad :(

GenVolkov

Post by GenVolkov » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Yeah. So. I have no watercooled computers anymore, and for the time being, I don't intend on building any. All of my computers are now aircooled.

ServerBox:
CHENBRO SR10769-BK-H Black SECC Pedestal High-End Server/Workstation Chassis
ServerBox still uses the Tyan Thunder MB as well as the original Dual Processor Dual Core AMD Opterons and the initial 8GB of memory it had since its build - Interestingly enough the sound on the motherboard is not compatible with WinServer2008 64 edition
LSI LSI00005-F 64-bit, 133MHz PCI-X SATA II MegaRAID 300-8X Kit 8 Port SATA/300 128MB
8 250GB Internal Hard Drives configured into 2 RAID5s - One is the Application RAID the other is the Backup RAID
2 External 5.25" Hard Drive cage/carriages mounted in the CD bays for the OS drives, RAID1 250GB
Floppy Drive
CD/DVD Burner Drive
Win Server 2008 64bit
ServerBox now is probably the heaviest computer I've ever built. One of these days I'll weigh it - its definately in the 50~70lb range

GameBoxII:
XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case
ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550 (Overclocked to 3.6~8 something don't have it up and running atm as getting ready to move)
4 x Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N5/2G
2 x ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card in Crossfire
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
COOLMAX CUQ-1200B 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA Model GGC-H20L
6 250GB Internal Hard Drives in RAID5
Win Vista Ultimate 64bit

MediaBox:
No changes have been made to MediaBox. Still in the NZXT case with aircooling.

MobileBox:
ASUS Eee PC EEEPC1000-BK003 Fine Ebony Intel Atom 10.0" WSVGA 2GB (modified) Memory 40GB SSD NetBook running Ubuntu 8.10 Linux with the eeePC kernel. This version has the 8/32GB SSDs, with Linux running on the 8GB drive and the 32GB one as /home. Did the kernel modifications recommended to extend the life of the SSDs.

Honestly, I really liked the idea of the 'netbook' back when they first came out, when the original intent of these types of computers (HP, ASUS, Intel all had their own variants) was to develop lower cost, decent, small, handy computers for second and third world areas. When I first saw these, I was like yes - finally, something that actually fits my idea of what a 'laptop' should be. When they came out with the Atom processor for it, I knew I was going to be buying it. I haven't regretted it yet.

BTW, in an offhand note, the 9.2 ATI drivers are just fucking SEXY. Seriously, the framerate improvement I received just upgrading to them was phenomenal. And I'm talking about the vanilla ones, not even the DNA ones. I was a bit worried after the 9.1 set kept causing game crashes, but the 9.2 sets seem phenomenal. No issues at all playing games with them.

One thing about ServerBox that's annoying me though is turning her off. It takes forever to get her to turn back on. Don't get me wrong, she's rock hard and stable when she's up and running. The computer has never crashed on me, and rebooting it from Windows doesn't seem to cause the issues. She'll stay up for months without complaint. But zOMG when she goes down (turned off in any way, either through Windows Shutdown or power failure etc) expect at least 30 mins to a hour to bring her back up. Anyone have thoughts on this? Everything from freezes during Windows bootup (load screen after Bios POST) to the computer just turning itself off after a POST check. I just have to keep trying and eventually I know after 2 or 3 attempts it'll boot into Windows. I can't find the problem anywhere, maybe it's just time to write off the MB and upgrade? She's getting a tad old. I just forsee so many problems with doing that though that it makes me edgy to try. And moreover I don't have the money to do it now anyway, getting tight with the command transfer and moving and stuffs.

MagicOPromotion

Last Page

Post by MagicOPromotion » Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Is there a way for me to jump to the last page of a thread? I pretty much browse the Glock Talk most recent post page, and I have to click on the thread and then click to the last page. Does my question even make sense?
XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software

GenVolkov

Post by GenVolkov » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 am

Upgraded ServerBox to an LGA771 Intel Xeon dual processor quad core SuperMicro board with dual Xeon E5410s and 32GB of FBDIMM. Running Ubuntu 9.04 Server x64 with VirtualBox and 4 virtual machines, 2 DNS, 1 LAMP, 1 Samba.

Eventually planning on duplicating ServerBox with another of itself, and finally creating my several terrabyte array to ISO copy all my anime DVDs. It'll be hardware version of the current virtual machine Samba server. Something I've been meaning to do but haven't been able to do. Still need to stabilize my monetary situation before that can occur, but I expect that by the end of the year I will have the setup I've been attempting to build for some time.

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:55 pm

While im visiting i may as well post my new rig here. :)

Asus P5KC
Q6600 with Tuniq Tower @ 3.2ghz 400x9 (vid 1.3250) 1.3750v (1.320 when intel burn test is on). Using pencil mod for less vdroop.
4GB Kingston ddr2 8500 @ 800mhz to run 1.1 with cpu.
SB Audigy 2 ZS
XFX GTX 260 (216) 896mb XT :)
P160w Antec case.
700gb HDD Space in all across 2 drives.
Corsair HX620w PSU
19" Hansol crt, oh how i crave a 22"tft lol.

Rather happy with it considering i sold my socket 939 dual core parts and payed most of the upgrade with it bar 30-50 quid. :p

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 pm

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:22 am

I'd be too lazy to get an IDE controller, not to mention that I'm running out of space inside my computer. I'd just go with an USB based solution.

Maybe even set them up as a network server. It should be possible to find some cheap second hand hardware and use it to set up a linux box. Come to think of it of course, setting up a linux box would be more work than installing an IDE controller, but last time I had an IDE controller in my computer I lost that card and two disks when I accidentally touched the solder on the back of the card to the metal cover on the tuner card next to it.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 am

TheOneNamedViper wrote:I'd just go with an USB based solution.

Maybe even set them up as a network server. It should be possible to find some cheap second hand hardware and use it to set up a linux box. Come to think of it of course, setting up a linux box would be more work than installing an IDE controller, but last time I had an IDE controller in my computer I lost that card and two disks when I accidentally touched the solder on the back of the card to the metal cover on the tuner card next to it.
Well the usb based solution,network server or linux server is out of the question.Do you really have to scare me with the story?I need my pc fixed NOW!!!! :mad:

:Max:

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:29 am

I guess it's more of a warning not to place the card with the backside right next to a card with a big metal surface. (My other mistake was that I didn't take care when plugging in the cables. That motion was what moved the card so that it touched the metal.)
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Return to “General Discussion”