Brag about PCs!!

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:11 am

TheOneNamedViper wrote:As a rule of thumb, the values should stay within 10% of optimal to keep your computer stable. the +3.3v is barely in there, but the +2.5v is definitely outside this range. I'm not skilled enough in this topic to say what consequences this will have for your computer though. If I was, I'd have probably figured out my own crash problems by now.
I experience a slow down or complete stop of a prog if I install something while I start to load another program which not suppose to happen or if I copy something from a dvd to the hdd.I reset the motherboard's settings back to default to see if it helped just before I got the refurbished graphics card but it did not help.In games it appears to ok but in windows when doing stuff it causes a slowdown which never happened before as I could load multiple programs at the same time without the slowdown?

For some reason with the onboard graphics card turned off some of the diagnostic progs keeps saying I have 2046MB of mem and other say I have 2048MB?I have swapped the memory modules around to see if it help but it did not. :(If I remember correctly the bios says I have 2046MB but will check on that to be sure later.

:Max:

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:49 am

the ram number is pretty normal. Usually you can't expect the exact number of bytes available to you in windows. Depending on the motherboard, a little bit of it will still be used for other purposes.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:01 am

TheOneNamedViper wrote:the ram number is pretty normal. Usually you can't expect the exact number of bytes available to you in windows. Depending on the motherboard, a little bit of it will still be used for other purposes.
Well the m\b says 2047 is usable....It seem my onboard sound card is somehow buggered?i have not used the audio driver that I got with my m\b as it messes up the audio in SW:EP1 Racer and Republic Commando.I tried the mic on my old genius headphones plugged it in the mic port on the back of the m\s and all the computer got was abit of static whe I tried to record sometinhg with the windows high def audio drivers installed and thats all it was recording?Appears to be ok otherwise but some games feel slow in general.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:55 pm

Ok did some more testing with SiSoftware Sandra and welll the results are the same :(:confused:
An interesting program but I am not willing to put my computer under any stress that may cause it to fail.....
Retried Cpu-Z and got the same thing everytime I start this prog after my graphics card went...:
As you can see the drop down box at the bottom is grayed out but yet before the graphics card went I could use it and select the either of the processor but as you can see I cannot atm?

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:40 pm

@ TheOneNamedViper

Can you please look at this html report from Everest as trying to create a Fresh Diagnoses report takes ages and since they display similar results.....If you do ctrl + f and search for the word overclock.According to Fesg Diagnoses and Everest Home Edition the motherboard temp sensor and auxiliary temp sensor sometimes displays temperatures of about 80C° but not for long though.

I have problems in windows itself sometimes when surfing the net or not but in games the computer appears to be fine????

GenVolkov

Post by GenVolkov » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:50 pm

So, it's been a while. These are plans atm, I haven't actually built these rigs yet. But I will. As soon as I have time available to do so, and order all the requisite parts that I need.

GameBox II
Danger Den Tower 21 Case
EVGA nForce 780i Motherboard
Muskin 4x2GB DDR2 Ram
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Dual EVGA 9800GX2 Video Cards
Creative Fatality Soundcard
Killer NIC (figured I'd test it out and see if it's worth it's hype or not, meh)
BluRay DVD
CoolMax 1200W PSU
Watercooled, all components (MB, GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD)
Overclocking CPU, GPU, RAM

MediaBox
Refit of the old MobileBox PC... changes:
Danger Den Tower 16 Case
Radeon 3870X2 GPU
BlueRay DVD
Watercooled, some components (CPU, GPU)

ServerBox
Still debating whether to totally revamp ServerBox or stick with the below changes; ServerBox was the original computer I listed a while back that used the Tyan Board. ServerBox OS changed from WinServer2000 to WinServer2008 when 2008 was first released, so the hardware side is a bit on the lowend side nowadays.
ChenBro Server Chassis
LSI PCIX RAIDII Hardware HDD Controller

I'll update and post pictures when I get around to rebuilding them. Taking this in stages to try and save money and keep the rotating credit down, lol. I didn't list HDD specs because my plans for GameBox II and MediaBox is to simply place small size drives in them, no more than 2, RAID0 for system drives. Just enough for Vista and a few games. I have ServerBox currently configured with 3 RAID5s, one for the application/file server, one for GameBox I and MobileBox backups (this ofc will change to the new boxes when built), and the last for the webserver hosting.

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:22 pm

My recently-built rig:

Gigabyte PA-35DS3L Mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Dual-Core CPU
2x 1GB Corsair Dominator PC8500 RAM (2 more sticks ordered)
XFX 8800 GS video card
WD 320GB system drive
WD 500GB storage drive

And I just last week upgraded to a Samsung T220 widescreen LCD.

It's not exactly state-of-the-art, and I really cheaped out on the video card, but I think she'll do what I need her to do. Now I just need to scare up the cash to duplicate that for my video PC...

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Decided to post what my computer is made of currently:

Core 2 Quad Q9450 OC@3,2GHz (water-cooled)
Asus Rampage Formula M/B
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 RAM
Geforce GTX 280 graphics
2x 1TB Seagate disks
2x 500GB Hitachi disks
2x 320GB Seagate disks
2x Lite-On 20x DVD burners
Hauppauge HVR-1700 hybrid tv-tuner
Windows Vista Ultimate x64

300GB NAS drive

24" Sony monitor
Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard
Logitech MX Revolution mouse
Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 joystick

That should just about do it. Don't think I forgot anything there.

The question is: do I still hold the TGU HDD space record?

Looks like I'm close to hitting the 4TB mark already.

Shadow of Light

Post by Shadow of Light » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 pm

nice rig ...cant recommend 24 inch enough for your screen size it is just the perfect size anything bigger needs to be moved to far back on a desk to be comfortable.

Disc size though i still have a slight edge 4x 1tb seagate nas storage(firmware updated to stop them falling over)

and on my pc 4 x150gb 10,000rpm raptors set up as a stripe

But I aint got a 280 so you beat me there hands down only 8800 gtx and a core 2 duo extreme

bzb

Post by bzb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:06 pm

I used to be able to win these sorts of threads with a geforce 256... life used to be easier :(

Mine is
Core 2 Quad 6600 - will be clocked when i get around to it
2GB ram (running XP so why bother)
Geforce 280 GTX 1gbamagiggys
300GB hardrive, will add other drives when i get around to a proper migration.
Nothing else worth mentioning, except that the cold cathodes i got when a P3 was decent still work :D

30" Dell monitor

It is a huge screen but once your used to it you really cant go back.
Cheese is evil.

Return to “General Discussion”