[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Brag about PCs!!

Brag about PCs!!

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

Overclocking program

Postby Whacker The Atacker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 am

Whacker The Atacker

Postby nickersonm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Finally installed the 1.5TB HDD that has been laying on my desk for 6 months. My setup is now:

CPU: Intel 2160 Dual-Core @ 3.15 GHz (75% overclock from 1.8 GHz, roughly Core2Duo E6850 equivalent), water cooled
RAM: 4x1GB OCZ Platinum
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 260 + 7900GT
Motherboard: MSI P35 Platinum
HDDs: 3.29 TiB total (~3.6 TB) as 250GB + 300GB + 320GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1.5TB drives; 1.42 TiB free space (~1.55 TB)
Monitor: Dell 2005FPW (20" LCD) + 17" CRT
Case: InWin Q500 (8" x 2' x 17")

My secondary computers have total network-accessible space of around another 300GB made out of old IDE drives, although they're not running continuously.

- nickersonm
nickersonm

Postby GenVolkov » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 am

Changed out the harddrives for ServerBox. Now running 2 80GB WDs, and 8 1.5TB 5600rpm SS green drives instead, running in Raid6. Also changed out the hardware raid for an Areca controller, with a 2GB DRAM and the battery backup extension. Speeds are phenomenal, to say the least; t'was totally worth the grand for the card and battery backup module.

Finally getting started on making my virtual library now. Not looking forwards to how long its going to take to finish copying all those DVDs to the raid though.
GenVolkov

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 am

Only chance for me since my last post is that I changed to the Windows 7 release candidate. I plan on upgrading to the final release of Win7Pro within the next few months. I'm in no rush, since the system is running fine as it is and money is a bit tight at the moment.

Also, I had a faulty stick of RAM, so I upgraded to 8GB while I was at it, just because I could. It probably doesn't make the least bit of difference from the 4GB I had before, but I've been thinking of making a RAM drive to run select games off to see what it does to the load times.

I haven't got around to it yet. I really should make a list of all the things I've been meaning to get around to so I don't forget like I usually do.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/iframe?steamID=STEAM_0:0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
TheOneNamedViper

Re: Brag about PCs!!

Postby bzb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Just ordered a couple of 3TB hard drives - I think that makes me the storage king of this thread.....
bzb

Postby Crook » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:19 pm

i7 3930k 6 core
16GB ram
5.1 TB space
Use it to play Manic Miner............
Crook

Postby bzb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Okay, the rest of it arrived...
i7 5820 6 Core
16GB ram
2x 3TB drives
1x 250 GB SSD
980 GTX 4GB

Its virtually silent, I think its the first time in years I have had a computer that doesnt make my ears bleed.

The bios post screen seems to be slowest part of booting, loving it.

Use it to play Euro truck sim 2..... I need to buy some games.
bzb

Postby CurseUppl » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:43 pm

i7-2600K
Nvidia GTX 780 3 GB
8 GB RAM, cl 7, 1600 MHz
Maximus IV Extreme-Z mobo
128 GB SSD & 5 TB of storage spread across 4 drives

2560x1440 screen, 28 inches.

Bought this 3 years ago, or so, where it had SLI 580s. Upped them to a single 780. What a great card.
CurseUppl

Postby bzb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:49 pm

bzb

Postby CurseUppl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Yeah ARMA is ridiculous. I can't max it.
CurseUppl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion