[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - So there i was...

So there i was...

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

So there i was...

Postby Casious » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm

... in a conversation with a few friends about the first online community we were part of.

"What about you Adam?"

"Oh, The Gaming something, Union I think, I was a founding member, their first web designer, if you can call it that, i make a light blue monstrosity that got taken down after a week. It was a Homeworld and Babylon 5 mod site back in the day."

Imagine my surprise to find the place is still around and alot of the old faces are still here! Good times.

So how is everyone? I'm pretty sure that I actually met some of you at deep purple concert in Brighton...
Casious

Re: So there i was...

Postby bzb » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Were? we'll have have none of that pesismistic talk here thank you. I am certain that there is a probably a check out button somewhere but my interpretation of the data protection act frankly means tough titty - and I'm not talking a broken nose via an unexpected sideways blow from such a gland.

I miss it and I miss you all and how easily we could just go and see deep purple and sit on the pier. I had to go to Brighton to pay my respects to a school friend nearly a year ago and I did take a moment to think of us on that big adventure of meeting strange people from the internet. As I recall none of us raped one another which by the standards of the modern day probably means that it went exceptionally well.
bzb

Postby bzb » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:49 pm

I was just thinking though;

TBS- AKA Paul - I think he got married or something like that. I havent heard from him since many years ago at Reading, I gather from bookface that he may have tricked somone into marrying him but who knows, he still looks 21 on there. Strangely I am currently listening to Easyworld who went to see on a less populated trip to Eastbourne.
Jamie - You probably know best, it would be nice to know what he went on to do.
Gaz - probably running Yorkshire, or at the very least a golf club.

I think that may have been all of us - or I just insulted someone terribly by forgetting them.
bzb

Postby Dukoth » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:12 am

room in here for people who aren't close friends?

what up Cass? how am I doing? im 32, graduated a few years ago, and going nowhere with my life; how bout you
Dukoth

Postby Texas Ranger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Last i heard of
Jamie he had moved to a software Development role in brighton
Meurig was doing special effects for Movies
SOL works beside me at HP now
Jasper is running his own waste management firm
Texas Ranger

Postby Crook » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:47 pm

This is Meurig:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2399047/

Anyone know of a decent paid job in computing?
Crook

Postby maxdamage » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 pm

maxdamage

Postby bzb » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 pm

bzb

Postby Crook » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Yeah I'm only 2 out of those 4 criteria :)

And graduate pay sounds painful. Anything over 40k and I'm fine with that....
Crook

Return to General Discussion