Homeworld Remastered

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

bzb

Re: Homeworld Remastered

Post by bzb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:52 pm

maxdamage wrote:
bzb wrote:
Crook wrote:As far as modding goes, I've heard that it might be 'every christmas rolled into one'.
Just in case I added a forum....... obviously I have no idea what to put into the forum but thats never stopped me before.

Are you going to move the archived HW,HW:C and HW2 mod forums to the new one as sub forums?
Are you trying to suggest that I completely forgot that we had those?

Crook

Post by Crook » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:56 pm

HW remastered is live, steam is getting it for me now....

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Yup, I've already had one game vs AI. I love how much I remember of the game. I pressed escape to get back to the menu and nothing happened, then tried to think back 19 years to what I used to do... press F10!!

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 am

Shadow Reaper wrote:Yup, I've already had one game vs AI. I love how much I remember of the game. I pressed escape to get back to the menu and nothing happened, then tried to think back 19 years to what I used to do... press F10!!
how did you get the game in 1996? :p

the memories, this game is beautiful

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Dukoth wrote:
Shadow Reaper wrote:Yup, I've already had one game vs AI. I love how much I remember of the game. I pressed escape to get back to the menu and nothing happened, then tried to think back 19 years to what I used to do... press F10!!
how did you get the game in 1996? :p
Mathematics...

Crook

Post by Crook » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Lot's of bugs in the game. Hopefully patches will sort it out, but the major one is Diamond Shoals level doesn't trigger the end once you're through the asteroid shower. Can't get to the end of the level, no progress, only recourse is to restart level and try again. That's pretty useless IMO.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:17 am

Playing HW1 campaign, remastered.

Bit buggy. Fighters and corvettes have no fuel, making support frigates useless. Apparently salvage corvettes can salvage fighters. I know they can salvage other corvettes, can't remember if you could in the original.

There's some other stuff like the campaign not being 100% faithful.

Crashed on me after a huge battle in the Great Wastelands against the Taiidan.

Still, loving it and not regretting dishing out the money. Really looking forward to the mods getting port to Steam Workshop!

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:00 am

well, in the original the salvettes could capture anything provided they could catch it (I alwase thought it was bullshit that strike craft could still evade the Salvagers when out of fuel)

addmitadly the HW2 engine has mucked up a lot, but HW was always far more than the sum of it's parts, and it's still a blast to play

and I just finished the HW1 campagn, and I got a little mod that adds the original YES song back to the credits, I almost got choked up at the end with the star field and the little arrow that says "you are here", damnit the memories and feels

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:57 pm

bzb wrote:
Are you trying to suggest that I completely forgot that we had those?
No but... :D

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:33 pm

So far it is pretty much "HW2 Remastered" with a damn good HW1 mod added to it. With all of the problems you would expect of a HW1 mod added to HW2.

I am not saying its bad. I played through the HW1 SP campaign twice now. 1st on release, and again after the first patch. Are there issues? Oh hell yes there are issues. however they are not world ending, or game breaking issues to me. Other than the few glitches i found it quite enjoyable. The Visuals, and Artwork in HW1 remastered are spot on, and brilliant.

HW2 is just the same as before with prettier graphics.

Return to “General Discussion”