Kerbal space program

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

Kerbal space program

Post by bzb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 pm

This is not a new game but I got it in the Steam sale three or four days ago and seem to have racked up 37 hours of play time.

I have even checked around on the floor for discarded bottles of Gin that could suggest this time was achieved through nothing more than an extreme case of desk face due to alchohol intake but with a certain sense of pride I can be (reasonably) certain that the answer to this amount of game time is not alchohol. Judging by the number of wine bottles on the floor I could say that alchohol was a contributory factor but who the hell breathalises an astronaut anyway - the space policeman?

I guess tradition requires I add some explanation of waht you do;
Generally the game is about building your own space vessels and heading off towards space before utterly failing to meet the objectives you were intending to complete. It is fantastic fun.
One of the many objectives is to land on the Mun, so far I have only managed to crash into it at excessive speed but I get the idea.
Basically their be Physics here.
I have no idea about Physiscs.
But making space ships that explode for reasons I dont even understand.... how awesome is that :D

Re: Kerbal space program

Post by Crook » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:50 am

I love ksp, but I'm two timing it for Elite at the moment :)

Dukoth the sequal

Post by Dukoth the sequal » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:43 am

hahaha, yeah I love that game

combine a "relatively" forgiving yet realistic physics engine, the idea that failure can be fun, and a child like love of destroying shit "in the same way sim city does"; then combine all that with rocket science and the space program........

why the hell are we just getting this game now

Post by TheStressPuppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52 am

I play the hell out of this game. Got the demo last year, bought into it, and its been the "fun of failure" ever since :D

Version .90 is pretty good, and the mods make it even better. You can find a mod for damn near anything, and its "still" beta. Yet its been better than any AAA release so far.

Return to “General Discussion”