GCO back!

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

CurseUppl

GCO back!

Post by CurseUppl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 am

That's right! We're giving it another shot and this time a lot more thought has gone into a campaign. Cracker Jack is will be GM'ing the C4 campaign and if you pop by the forums you'll see a lot of old faces (Chariot, Nickersonm, Cracker Jack and Big Hed, to name a few.)

GCO Forums

Currently we're looking for more players to hopefully start the C4 campaign soon!

You can find us on this IRC server: Quakenet random server and our chatroom is called #evr. Drop by and feel free to ask any questions.

So, what do you need?
  • An interest in science fiction, as everything is based of Star Wras (even if it's a vague one).
  • An interest in roleplaying (note, you do not have to RP if you do not wish to). You'll be the leader of a faction, or a member of a faction, using either Imperial, Rebel, Imperious or Rebel shipsets. You'll be conquering worlds with your fleets, negotiating with your neighbours and dealing with your enemies (be this pitting them against one and another or outright destroying them), to name a few. You have to be able to keep a public face on the forums and on our #evr IRC channel, whilst you wield a heavy dagger ready to stab someone in the back at an opportune moment.
  • Once you have defeated an opponent you can write a story or even have an IC (in character) announcement of it on the forums. The game is very flexible so RP'ing is only limited by yourself and what other players are willing to do.
  • You need the real time, space strategy game Homeworld 2, patched to version 1.1. Contact me for information on acquiring the game as it is very hard to find these days.
  • You need these files.
  • The GCO Homeworld files are a modification of EvilleJedi's Warlords mod (done with his full permission) that allows us to carry out the battles in real time as they occur in the GCO app.
  • The GCO app (still called EvR or Empire Vs Republic from its older days), can be found on above link as evr2.zip on the above link. You need Java to run this, also found on above link
  • Extract the zip and open the evr.bat file to access the game. Currently you can log in to view the galaxy. Login/password is observer/observer.
What else?
Well, drop by our forums. In the GCO Campaign Setup sub-forum you will find all the necessary information for the up and coming campaign, including how to enlist. The other forums are self-explanatory.

Don't be afraid to ask some questions on the forums! :)

What to expect?
A tight knit community that is very helpful. Most of us have known one and another since 2001, despite us never having met in real life. You'll find most of us hanging around the forums and #evr.

Will post some screenshots once I get a hold of Nick.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Man, I wish I had time to play this, but I'm totally swamped at the moment.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:33 pm

^_^ no worries

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:02 am

We're up to <s>14</s> 18 confirmed players now.

I would also like to add that the role playing aspect is completely optional. If you wish, you can treat it as a pure empire-making space simulator game.

Return to “General Discussion”