The Acer 6930g

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

Cmd>metalvenom

The Acer 6930g

Post by Cmd>metalvenom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Ok so I recently bought this laptop last week and I must say, its a steal at the current price for what it can do.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 3EACER.htm

for like £550 I think it really does perform well, playing crysis and most new games without a hitch. before I saw this I was looking at dell xps laptops etc for my mobile gaming needs but seeing how cheap this was compared to the other near spec models, seemed to good to miss.

It features a full keyboard aswell which is super sweet and the sound is pretty good to. not the most mobile laptops but seems to be a good buy for mobile gaming on a budget which a few years ago was impossible lol

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Looks relatively good with those stats, and certainly the price.

But I must say I had an Acer laptop once, and as soon as I got it for 2 months on and off it was travelling between my flat in Salford and the Acer's technical team. It would turn on perfectly well and load Windows, but would restart after several seconds once logged on for no obvious reason whatsoever. In addition to this Acer weren't exactly willing to recognise the problem, and four or five times I had to return it to them with the same problem before I finally gave up with them and sent it to my insurance company who obviously employ capable IT technicians who couldn't work it out either, and instantly sent me my current ASUS laptop (which had better hardware than my Acer) which has worked perfectly well ever since.

Still, although I have a lingering distrust of Acer now i'm sure i'm a member of a small percentage who have been frustrated by Acer. Still, i'm surprised it works considering you bought it from Argos!!
"Next time you watch Return of the Jedi, note that all Ackbar wants to do, from the minute the assault on the Death Star begins, is leave."

Cmd>metalvenom

Post by Cmd>metalvenom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:27 pm

So am I actually lol but at that price it was worth a try :) been lookng for a bugdet laptop for ages but none had these specs.

Return to “General Discussion”