Weekend in Wales

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

bzb

Weekend in Wales

Post by bzb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 am

This isnt in the right order and not a true story but decided to go for a play in Wales. There were some far more 'interesting' places but the need to clench outwayed the need to take a pic.
Fantastic country, but couldn't resist having a bit of fun with the story :)

Traveling down wasn’t too bad, its just when we got to the Welsh side of the M4 there was this breakdown blocking the carriageway that seemed to take forever to clear.
I know you shouldn’t get out and take snaps on the motorway but I thought I’d chance it this time;

Fortunately the recovery company dispatched their heavy wrecker to get things on the move again;

Eventually we arrived at the Hotel we had booked. It had stunning views across the valleys and fresh air permeated every room. It was such a brilliant location. But when we asked at reception they said that they didn’t have a Tennis pitch, so we couldn’t really have stayed there;

The next day we all went for a quick skinny dip, it was really refreshing
But someone always has to take things too far and start making waves, so inconsiderate;

We all had no choice but to get back out of the river and dry our boots off.

Because we were all so distracted by the shameful splashing no one was looking where we were going and eventually the drivers had to stop and have a meeting to decide where on earth we were

It wasn’t long after that Rob met a nice looking local. They exchanged phone numbers and i think she’s arranged to be dinner next week.

After a long day off on the tracks we slipped back on to the main road to head for camp;
The traffic was horrendous, bumper to bumper the whole way
Around every corner there was just jam after jam
Dam it! I proclaimed at the top of my voice.
But after a while we pulled of the main road into a side street
But as ever someone had to be messing about

Thankfully the tree lined avenue into the campsite was a tarmac road
And much drinking was done that night, hooray!
Cheese is evil.

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Nice picutres =)

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Are you sure its Wales? Its not raining, and I only see cattle, not sheep... ;)

Thinking about it you look like you should be a bunch of government officials driving around in those 4x4s.
"Next time you watch Return of the Jedi, note that all Ackbar wants to do, from the minute the assault on the Death Star begins, is leave."

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Yikes, lots of pictures. You may want to add a warning in the title for max. He's still on dial-up. :p
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:36 pm

TheOneNamedViper wrote:Yikes, lots of pictures. You may want to add a warning in the title for max. He's still on dial-up. :p
Took a while but thats because I am busy uploading holiday pics to my fb profile I took while I was away with the family last week. :D

:Max:

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 pm

maxdamage wrote:Took a while but thats because I am busy uploading holiday pics to my fb profile I took while I was away with the family last week. :D

I forgot to mention that I also went wine tasting and later on the same day we sampled 12yr,15yr and 20yr old brandy at the Van Ryn distillery after the tour! :D

Return to “General Discussion”