Lets talk demos!

No spam anything else goes!

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, bzb, theblessedsheridan

maxdamage

Lets talk demos!

Post by maxdamage » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:45 am

Want to talk about a demo?Got a problem in a demo or can't figure out what to do next in a demo?This is the thread to post it!Like a demo or not?Well post your comments here!Can someone please sticky this topic?

Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:43 pm

Warhammer - Age of rekoning .. tis about all i am wating on tried few other game style but nothing caught my attention.

bzb

Post by bzb » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Here's a few less mainstream demos incase anyone cant find a demo and is feeling left out.

If your having a demo day and are really bored then http://www.scssoft.com/ is a great site.
Demo's basically gives you an hour to play the game and decide if you like it enough to buy it, fair enough.

I wont say that any of the games are worth buying but i do quite like the idea of the driving sims and if they were multiplayer and a bit of GTA sneaked in then i think they would have great potential.
I think we had a spate of playing the hunting games a few years ago and concluded that they were fun as well.

In the same vein of different games i think http://www.shipsim.com has to have a mention. I did actually buy it just to see if it was real, i also got train sim on that basis. Shipsim is better made than SCS stuff, it does feel like more of a simulator and attention to detail does seem to be important. Again something for a rainy day just before you top yourself but it does kill some time.
Cheese is evil.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:16 pm

Okay abit lost in the Hellgate:London demo?I've done the quests to retrieve the poor kid's leg and the 2 quests from the old guy and get the 10 capacitors for the engineer?What next?

Also I dunno what to do to unlock the rest of the bonus content in the Transformers demo as I have collected all the yellow squares and completed all sub missions and the main missions?

:Max:

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:27 am

bzb wrote:In the same vein of different games i think http://www.shipsim.com has to have a mention. I did actually buy it just to see if it was real, i also got train sim on that basis. Shipsim is better made than SCS stuff, it does feel like more of a simulator and attention to detail does seem to be important. Again something for a rainy day just before you top yourself but it does kill some time.
Hated the Shipsim 2006 demo.Thankfully I did not have to download it....
Tried 4 demos that smelt of console port. :(What are they thinking?Just to port a game direct from a console to the pc and thats it?Money or a decent game?

They were the following demos:
  • Pirates of the Carribean:At Worlds End (the only thing I liked about that demo was the way Capt. Jack acted when standing still like the way he does in the trilogy)

• Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix

• Shrek the Third(had to find and download a missing dll for the system folder so the demo would work?)

• Ratatouille(had to find and download a missing dll for the system folder so the demo would work and suprisingly I have this demo still installed?)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 am

I installed the Timeshift demo and WOW!!!!!I love it but WTF why do they have disable the savegame as it isn't easy to progress in the demo on medium or difficult?Also the graphics drivers I have are fairly recent but I keep getting the message that your drivers are going have problems with the game but yet I have had no problems graphics related yet ... :mad:

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:43 am

maxdamage wrote:I installed the Timeshift demo and WOW!!!!!I love it but WTF why do they have disable the savegame as it isn't easy to progress in the demo on medium or difficult?Also the graphics drivers I have are fairly recent but I keep getting the message that your drivers are going have problems with the game but yet I have had no problems graphics related yet ... :mad:

That's actually something that's fairly common in new games. Sometimes if you don't have the exact most up to date driver it will give you that message, but in all honesty, if you have a stable driver to begin with, odds are a newer one won't change the actual game much visually.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Been trying to re-install the MOH:Airborne demo but it keeps stopping when it tries to install Ageia Physx(cannot bypass the install of it :().The thing is I have a later version installed through the full game of UT3.

Is there a way to bypass the install of Ageia Physx or is it ok to use the version that comes with UT3,rename it to the version that comes with MOH:Airborne and then re-try the install?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 am

try uninstalling the physx from ut3, installing the one from moh and reinstalling the ut3 one if needed.

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:00 pm

You could also try just installing the one from MOH without uninstalling the UT3 one. It may be like DirectX and if you try to overwrite a newer version with older it may detect that? Otherwise, you'll likely have to follow TONV's advice and uninstall UT3 physx etc.

Return to “General Discussion”